Hartford Baptist invites you to come be a part of our congregation. We are a warm and loving congregation that welcomes all! We would love for you to visit us anytime. Click the “service times” link above to view our weekly service schedule.
If you are a member of Hartford Baptist and are interested in participating in any of our outreach ministries, please contact the church office at 588-2236 or any church leader. We always need and welcome assistance in any of these areas:
- Children’s Bus Ministry – Area children are picked up for Sunday morning, Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services and children’s activities. Adults are needed to ride the bus and assist with this ministry.
- Children’s Bus Ministry Assistance with School Clothes – Each fall, the children in this ministry are taken shopping in Dothan to purchase new clothing and shoes for school. This ministry is funded through specified donations through the church, and adult assistance is needed with the shopping experience.
- Children’s Bus Ministry Christmas – Each year for Christmas, the children in this ministry are provided gifts for Christmas from a list provided by the family. A special time is set aside to present the gifts. This ministry is funded through specified donations through the church, and adult assistance is needed with the shopping experience.
- VBS – Each evening for one week in June is Vacation Bible School where children Pre-K through 6th grade enjoy a meal, lessons from the Bible, crafts and worship through music. Each year is a different theme – and it’s one of our church’s most important outreach ministries where many children dedicate their lives to Christ!
- Shut-In Meal Ministry – Church members who are not able to provide meals or leave their homes are provided a meal each Thursday prepared by four teams of church ladies and delivered by several church members. This ministry also provides an opportunity to visit with the shut-ins, lets them know they are loved and remembered, and assesses any additional needs they might have. There is always a need for team members to prepare the meals and help deliver.
- Rachel’s Closet – Named in memory of Rachel Fondren, a dedicated Christian young woman, Rachel’s Closet provides an opportunity for female teens associated with our church to shop (with play money provided) for gently used clothing, shoes and accessories on a specified Saturday morning. The clothing is provided from donations of gently used clothing from the church members and community. This ministry is provided by the Scattering Seeds women’s mission group and has expanded into the Family Life Center. Scattering Seeds members sort and set up the week before the event, and this provides an opportunity for the girls to get “new” clothes. Any clothing left over is offered to girls and mothers outside the church and then donated to the Hartford Community Store.
- First Responders’ Appreciation Dinner – All first responders in Hartford and the county Sheriff’s department are invited to a dinner cooked by church members. We have a speaker, and we let all know that they are loved and prayed for by our church.
- Trunk or Treat – An opportunity for children in our church and community to enjoy a Christian Halloween. Church members decorate their vehicles in the church parking lot and give out candy to the children.
- Easter Egg Hunt – This ministry is provided by the Scattering Seeds ministry. On the Saturday before Easter, children through 6th grade come to hunt Easter eggs, enjoy snacks and a puppet show and hear the Easter story.
- Faith and Freedom Fest – This is an opportunity for the community to come together to celebrate the 4th of July each year. This event was started by HBC but now includes almost all churches in Hartford with free food, activities, music and fireworks. It is a fun time to gather with friends and neighbors and celebrate the freedom and blessings God has bestowed upon our country.
- Operation Christmas Child – What began with just a few boxes has progressed into HBC being a regional location for collection of Operation Christmas Child boxes. The church comes together on one night to pack the boxes from HBC, and the goal for 2016 is 400 boxes.