We Believe …
- Hartford Baptist Church exists to glorify God by participating in the sharing of the Good News of Jesus Christ and equipping the Body of Christ for ministry.
- The Bible is the infallible and inerrant inspired Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16–17).
- God is one in essence and three in person (Father, Son and Spirit).
- Man’s sin broke the relationship that God had created when he breathed life into man (Rom. 3:23).
- The payment for that sin is eternal separation from God (Rom. 6:23).
- God reached down to earth and placed his Son in the womb of Mary so that the he could live a perfect life, die for the sins of all mankind, and be resurrected from the tomb on the promised third day.
- One day Jesus will return again to take every Christian, both dead and alive, to heaven so that they might be returned to perfect unity with God the Father once more.
- The Holy Spirit lives in the heart of every confessing believer in Jesus Christ, and that every good and perfect gift comes from God through Him. The Holy Spirit leads and guides the direction of every believer and every church. The Holy Spirit gifts each believer with a spiritual gifting that is meant to serve the local church congregation.
- The Bible calls every person to repent of their sins and follow Jesus so that they might receive new life through him (John 3:3–21, Acts 16:30–31, 1 John 1:9). Once they have confessed Jesus as Savior and Lord, at that moment they are justified and made right with God.
As a cooperating Southern Baptist Church, Hartford Baptist Church affirms the doctrines stated in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
For more information and Scriptures on the above topics, please regard the Baptist Faith and Message.